Friday, December 11, 2009

ho ho!


Well, I've been an idiot. A couple of people told me I made the cut at 3 quarks, but I thought they were talking about Duncan's original nomination of me. But no - apparently this blog made the second cut. Hey hey! A round of tiaras, if you please.

At this point, we have to advice our readers that if we win, or place third or something, we will become swollen headed and arrogant, trample over the people who have helped us to the top, and in general act like Ann Baxter in All about Eve.

You've been warned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's so bad about Ann Baxter in All about Eve?

Amie

Roger Gathmann said...

Didn't Ann blackmail the critic and backstab Bette Davis and win an award? Or am I misremembering All about Eve?

Anonymous said...

You're not misremembering All about Eve - Ann Baxter does indeed backstab Bette Davis and win an award. Though I don't think she blackmails the critic guy, but rather he ends up blackmailing her.

As I seem to recall, but I should see the movie again. I remember it as quite a good movie and that Bette Davis is fantastic in the film.

There is a great moment near the end. Ann Baxter seems finally to have succeeded in replacing Bette Davis and taken her place, has just won the award and given a "heartfelt" acceptance to much applause. Bette Davis walks over to her and says: nice speech, now you can put that [the award] where your heart is.
Game, set, match, Bette Davis.

Amie

Tomboktu said...

I do hope you win.

Roger Gathmann said...

Thanks Tomboktu!

Tomboktu said...

Drat! You "only" came third.

(Time to replace the "finalist" image).

Well done.